$3.28 (1.44%) Today
52 Week High
52 Week Low
7 Days Mentions
Is it bad that I own mostly the lower left quadrant? I know the claim is that S&P is rotating, but do you believe this will continue long enough to matter? Let's say I'm long-term bullish on MSFT and NVDA (lower left)...isn't it better to just keep buying through 2023 when the Fed changes course?
I wanted to average down my $NVDA holding. I know I’m retarded for still using $HOOD app in the year 2022. But in all seriousness, why am I on a restriction? I read their explanation on their website but don’t quite get it. Currently waiting for a response from them to my email.
this is true here. Maybe in a crash a a huge event...but these days, how long for AAPL, NVDA to reach all time high again, no kidding...if uncle Biden print something in a couple of months you will see NVDA at 412 dollars .
Why doesn't NVDA just jack up their own prices? Clearly everything is sold out for what looks like the next 2 years minimum. If a 3080ti is sold exclusively by cunts on ebay for $1800, just make the msrp $1800 ffs. It really doesn't make a damn difference to the end customer, it'd be great to have it brand new and with the warranty shipped straight from them anyways.
Well, if you’re the type to ignore rational advice then you can learn via trial and error. I’d probably make calls on NVDA for 2/28. They release earnings on 2/23. This stock hasn’t let me down yet. But follow fed reports. They’ve been f*ing things up lately.
Decline in price of crypto (BTC, ETH primarily) has the market spooked. Crypto mining has consumed a significant part of high performance computing equipment from which has a knock on effect to their suppliers like ASML, AMAT, LRCX, etc. Last time crypto crashed in 2018, that sector's semiconductor demand ground to a halt. Crypto hasn't quite crashed, but it's enough of a warning to the market that it could which would drag NVDA, TSM, ASML, AMAT, LRCX down. I don't think it's a pure overvaluation issue except maybe NVDA and ASML.
Tomorrow is rather irrelevant. It's next month, next year. Almost Any tech has sound footing. Now it needs sound management with foresight into new territories. Apple, MSFT, NVDA pass that hurdle. But the Fed can throw a wrinkle into timing, so don't expect tomorrow's results tomorrow.
3:58pm my phone decides to randomly reboot, preventing me from selling all my SPY / MSFT / NVDA puts before close, so naturally i threw my fucking phone which is in shambles obviously, however this might work out in my favor. anyways $379 to fix the phone, 9:31am ill either be paying that cost again for another or making it back. either way fuck you apple shit the bed tmrw
The only argument you see is that there are money outside of the stock market? Really? Looking back at history, you're saying that 2022 was the ATH EVER for SPY? We will never go back to this? Apple won't create a new iPhone? Tesla won't create a new car? LG won't create a new TV? Saudis will not invest in football teams or car companies? These are existing companies create more value, more jobs, more products, more money running around in the worldwide economy. Looking back at history, with your logic: \- EV companies wouldn't exist. If they weren't here 10 years ago, why would that change? And all the the other companies around the EV industry, with batteries, with new technologies etc. \- Space travel companies wouldn't exist. If they weren't here 10 years ago, why would they be here now? Surely commercial space travel won't be a thing in 10/20 years... \- NVDA wouldn't be at this level. We had INTC had a chip leader 10 years ago, why would that change? Why would other companies fight for that spot thus creating more and more competition leading to more innovation? \- Cryptos wouldn't exist, why would someone invent and invest in such a thing? Not to mention companies around it, like Coinbase that has over $1 billion in revenue. \- Metaverse? Why would anyone build such a thing? We already have Second Life for years, nobody plays that. \- Medicine, vaccines, treatments? Who needs such a thing? We've got everything we need, we can cure every disease in the world. And for sure there won't be another COVID. Change my mind, will you? Actually, I'm not too sure why people didn't stick to riding horses. What's so special in a tin box with 4 wheels? I also think we were ok with sending letters, not sure why we have to use these complicated machines that never do what I ask them to do...
The market was overpriced, but we had the correction we needed. Companies like NVDA, AMZN, MSFat and TSLA have had double digits corrections. Time to fly fuckers! Russia ain't gonna do shit, and Microsoft proved that valuations aren't all that bad. Can TSLA hit 1100? If it does I get 6 digits! 🤑
I think that depends on if the demand increases based on new applications such as AI, self-driving cars, etc., although that will be company and technology specific. Look how NVDA has performed since crypto and AI has taken off. NVDA use to be a low PE in a niche video game sector. Now they have taken over the AI computing segment and are getting massive deployment in the cloud and other AI demanding sectors.
Think long term, it will be red now but down the line, you’ll be fine. The most important thing about investing is that you started—regardless of stock costs. Enable dividend reinvestment right away. I like AAPL, DIS, MSFT and NVDA. The others I’m not so high on but as long as you have and like the reasons you chose them in the first place.
It's simple. Chip shortage was known in early 2021, investors started buying those stocks up like crazy, you're just late to the first wave. The next wave of buying takes some time. Can't blame that on an "irrational market". Market was pretty rational when NVDA ran like 300% in a few months on the chip shortage
Are you near a margin call? I got caught selling naked puts on NVDA, but you just sell calls to cover the margin rate until they get called away. Might have to hold for awhile, but I’ll still make money on the premium. It’s the wheel strategy
This is all working to plan. I get to close those NVDA puts I sold and roll some profits into some spy puts, close them on the fade and by some calls for when jpow says everything ok, and then switch to puts eod for the dump Thurs and/or Friday dump.
Nah. SPY comes later. First comes BEAM, NTLA, CRSP, SAVA, FATE, AAPL, NVDA, and AMD — 100 shares minimum of each so I can sell covered calls if I want. Ideally a couple hundred of each. Then comes SPY ;)
If you are able to pick the midpoint of a whipsaw, then yes, this strategy would make a lot of sense....but timing the market is difficult. If you believe the stock will jump around to the extremes (reasoning for high volatility), then the best utility of your money is to do a reverse iron condor. For example, NVDA has over 80% volatility, and if you think that will continue, it means that 4Feb expiration, the stock should jump either up $25.10 or down $25.10. Since we're not sure, we'll pick half the distance in both directions. Stock is currently at 230.70, so we'd pick 242.50/245 Call debit spread and the 220/215 Put debit spread for about 2.38 cost. If stock does jump the 25.10 in one direction, then we should be able to collect 3.00 on the whole deal, or 2.00 on the Call side hit or 3.00 on the Put side hit (and if it reverses, you can close the opposite side for the rest). If you wait until expiration, these profits go up as long as you are correct on that given side. The risk is if volatility falls then that means stock stops moving so much, which means not only will you possibly not get your hit, but the value on your trade has diminished severely. But being at 50% the distance, it saves you 50% of volatility drop protection...give or take.
These still have extrinsic value left, so you have to bleed a little bit more time. When the extrinsic dips below 0.40, then you can look to roll out and down for credit. For example, the 5 week roll at the 145 mark has over 5.00 extrinsic, and since the strike widths are 5 points, this would give you a credit to roll down to the 140, but you need that extrinsic on your current gone first....if it keeps dipping, it might get too deep and you may end up having to roll across....in this case, try to match your other position expiration so you can combine them first and then you can ladder them both out slowly. What I mean by laddering, is that one of them will go across to get you some premium, the other you roll down.....so for example, if you had 2x 145C with barely any extrinsic left, you could possibly roll to the 145+140 in 1 week for credit, then roll to the 140+140, then 140+135, etc. etc. You just have to be diligent and take it slow, never roll past 5 weeks to find value, otherwise you're on the other side of theta bleed and it takes way too long. For your NVDA, if you only have 1, then you're only option is to roll up to 5 weeks out and down if you can get credit for it....this one is going to be more difficult since you can't ladder. For both of them, if you are unable to find credit, you can still justify a debit IF and ONLY IF you pay less than the points you are dropping your position, and ONLY as a last resort and ONLY if you really don't want to take possession of the stock. I prefer to take the stock myself because I can do a little bit more with it, but this is YOUR decision. The idea behind this last resort is you've already paid the collateral, so paying a debit less than the points gained will just take it out of your collateral and free up some of your cash....it's conceding to the loss, but instead of 100% loss to the stock price, it's less and less with each roll. For example, if you go from 275p to 5-week out 255P for 14.25 debit, you'll actually get a 5.75 credit to your account (because you free up 20 points, but pay 14.25 to do it). If stock stays at around 230 and you keep doing this method, you'll get back more than 12.90 (as you go lower, the premium difference diminishes, and sometimes give credit)....and if you close then that is a return of 244.25 total, which is far better than getting only 230 back in throwing in the towel immediately. This is why I say this is last resort, only do this if you've resigned to the loss, but you don't want to lose the maximum (unless you truly feel it may go bankrupt).