SPDR S&P 500 ETF Trust
52 Week High
52 Week Low
7 Days Mentions
Had to sell most of the stocks when they are down 80 to 90% to free up cash. Though I could have added cash to my account, I didn't want to keep add and lose them. Wanted to limit how much I have invested. Did I made right choice? How are you guys handling yours?
$SPY. I traced the 5 Day MA (daily chart) from the crash in March 2020 and placed it over the current trend. The current price action is within the average from that crash. I believe we see sideways action to the end of January before a dip if the bears are truly in control. NOT FINANCIAL ADVICE.
Doesn’t make sense that the nasdaq is outperforming the Dow and the SPY in an environment like this. At least in my opinion, the Powell talk yesterday was super bearish for long duration assets. Selling at end of day yesterday will probably continue into today.
delusional bulls still haven't come to the realization that they have no power to rally with their precious money printer being taken away short till valuations revert to their mean (SPY 20 P.E is a good indicator) minimum 20% SPY haircut to go
I'm in a SPY straddle so fine with a big move either way. But the way its played out overnight and historically you can't completely rule out a green open. We've all seen this exact situation before. You people who pick a side and stick to it no matter what are the people who hate money.
ETFs can drift from their NAV a bit. I use M1 finance with a pie equally divided into SPY, VOO, VTI, and QQQ. There’s no need to rebalance; I just dump money into it regularly. You’re always buying one at a discount relative to the others. Spy, VOO, and VTI will converge after drifting apart, and that’s your opportunity to buy fractionally lower relative to peers. Maybe over the course of 60 years and $10 million dollars, it will make a difference of some sort. Haha I don’t really know, but the “back of the envelope” math checks out.
Yeah that's because they try to apply TA on something like SPY on like a monthly chart. That's just the dumbest thing you could do because Spy's price action isn't even influenced by that. It's more macro factors. You might be able to use TA for very very basic stuff like support and resistance, but event that wouldn't hold well on longer time frames.
2 or 3 months? We'd be at SPY $50 at this rate. It's either gonna crash hard for 2 more weeks to the mid 300's and bounce, or start leveling out here and slowly sliding downwards in a painful bear market which will fuck most option holders.
I’m still struggling to understand. Stocks have been obliterated in the past few months with only blue chip keeping the market up. Even traditional solid stocks have struggled. 3M down 20% in 6 months. BA down 30%. V down 20%. The list goes on and on. The blue chips that were holding the market together have all dropped 10% in a few weeks time. I viewed, and many like me who got burned, that this was all priced into the market. What I heard was- we arnt doing much now but come March be ready. No new news. Nothing nobody didn’t already know. No huge revelations. Awesome! Wait for support and do calls on this overreaction- tomorrow will be green. Big bounce off SPY 200MA. Great now heavy in tech sector on those blue chips that have been beat down with ITM calls that I will make an easy 20+% off of by lunch tomorrow. What did I miss? I am still struggling to understand. Ending of easement and interest hike in March- that’s not new.
Bruh. That insane run Monday when SPY almost hit 420 then bounced to 435… if you had 100k in 0TE calls from the bounce that day you would have made a million or at least close. Just seeing this kind of possibility is to die for 😩
So many times over the last couple weeks I’ve seen SPY already like -$6 on the day and in the middle of a drop and bought puts and still been able to sell for a profit like thirty minutes later. It’s honestly crazy how easy it has been to make money on SPY puts this month. I’m trying hard not to get complacent but damn
Random example (see screenshots): If you wanted to sell ATM CCS on SPY as bear play instead of buying puts - sell 428 strike call, buy $430 strike call. Max gain is equal to spread, max loss/cash collateral is equal to total spread minus premium received. [example - SPY ATM CCS 2/2](https://imgur.com/a/iz3xVjO/) Is that what you were talking about?
You and I have no idea which direction the market will go in the upcoming days. Other than buying and holding SPY or other good company stock, this place is a casino to us. The sooner you accept that the better. You may think you have things figured out, but you’re just as retarded as the rest of us
Theta is something you have to worry about any time you are paying for extrinsic value. Your breakeven point on that SPY call is \~$458. If you want to risk $2500+ on a stupid bet, I would recommend loading up on many options that are further OTM. \*If\* SPY is going to recover in the next 6 months, you should assume that it will continue following its trend line. There's nothing magical about $458; if it starts running full steam ahead again - it's not going to stop at $458. Not enough gunpowder in that single call for $433. You're not going to get rich on a single ATM call option. If the SPY is not going to recover - you're going to lose it all regardless if you go with a single ATM or many OTM options. Might as well pack it with enough gunpowder to make for a spectacular show if it recovers.
Dude. I didn't say it was my ONLY strategy did I. Its my current strategy. Also...I'm not selling naked options at all. What gave you that idea. Take today as an example. Rode $QQQ calls I rolled down and up on Tuesday. Sold them all around noon. I then bought ITM $SPY 440 puts exp Jan 23. Ill sell those tomorrow and then it all depends. You adapt your tactics. Or at least you should. Just trying to help son. GL.
If you grab them on a pop up, then yea, but even those you have to sell quick after you get a decent return. SPY is moving 10-20pts in either direction DAILY. In 2021, even with full QE and no QT we were seeing 1-5pt moves at most.
You really need to think more and talk less. How exactly would shorting IWM/QQQ/SPY/whatever be a specific hedge? It wouldn’t. So then you’d lose actual money (not the unrealized gain from equity grants) to hedge something that you shouldn’t be depending on for your living wage in the first place. Does this not make sense to you?? Do you believe in the work you do and the company you work for? If the answer is yes you keep working and doing the best job you can. When they hand out grants again you will get them at a lower cost basis and likely more of them with more seniority. If you do not believe in the work you are doing or the company you work for then you need to start looking for new work. Trying to game equity grants is not the path to victory.
Bro....you talk like if people here doesn't know what a wheel strategy is. I did that, we all did it. Is not discovering the hot water, the only issue here is one your didn't encounter yet, is the scenario in which your portfolio will get burned, HOW???? ok look. you can roll down your cash secure puts all you want, at some pint crashes happens to fast, your strike price will be reach and you would say...." aja...then I will roll it even more down" Nope...at some point rolling will be so expensive due to the deep fall, and you will have to send your strike price so low and so far in time, that if market bounce back in those months, you will be losing gains with your beloved 100% cash portfolio tight to a cash secure put contract that you bought in 3000 dollars back...and now worth 4 dollars, even worst....you can't do nothing with cash since is tight during months or years. even worst: market dip so hard and fast, that it goes way below your strike price, making it impossible to " roll" due to the high cost and you will have to swallow SPY at 380, when its current pice is 200. shut happens. yeah meanwhile you are making cash. you pay fees, comissions, wheeling is very unstable and it cost money, sooner or later, QQQ, SPY will fall waaaaay below your strike price and the next expiration will be like in 2067 . it happens believe me.
GME - PUT - Holding @ 100p from today (@ 2.6$) \- Riding it down to that bottom support around 96ish. If it falls further than that i expect to make a new low (doubt so soon) PUT - on a retest of the 112$ - 115$ I will be buying heavily into Feb 11 ITM + OTM puts and holding them till the 4th or 5th I'm expecting to have a hard 30$+ drop on the 2nd or 3rd resistance touch. SPY - CALL - holding an end of the day call 434$ strike (5.03$) might be fucked on it \- Riding that up to 439$ ish then switching to puts PUT - anytime it rejects that 440$ resistance line I will add to the puts to hold over night OR sell when it rejects the 426$ Rinse and repeat till I have a healthy overnight put position to ride. If it Pops over 440 and rejects back under, I'll probably go heaviest/long down to 415$ and catch every dead cat bounce that happens from there. XBI CALL - have been adding this week. Will continue to add ITM calls. Looking for a strong run on XBI to 120$ the first week of Feb Have been adding very heavy into Small Cap bios individucally as well (XBI - small cap bio etf). Been focusing on on buyout potentials in Med Device and Healthcare software) I've said this 10x but B,T,C is the best indicator on the market