52 Week High
52 Week Low
7 Days Mentions
1k to 1M challenge is off to a huge success. Here are the trades I took today $AAPL 180c 01/7 @ 2.00 > 2.65 (32%) $NVDA 310c 01/7 @ 3.45 > 4.4 (28%) $ABNB 170c 01/7 @ 2.34 > 2.37 SL triggered $AMZN 3450c 01/7 @ 11.15 > 14.95 (34%) $SQ 170c 01/07 @ 0.95 > 1.10 (15%)
$SQ $Z $SPCE $QS $BYND $FUBO $AI $SAM 🚀🚀🚀 [White's list of the top 25 short cover candidates for the start of 2020](https://www.reuters.com/markets/asia/live-markets-using-shorts-find-early-winners-2022-2021-12-29/) Why not make it difficult for the shorts to cover these
Major tech has some surprising low PE ratios but lot of others have some in the 100s I’m debating abandoning SQ , Generac, SHOP to free up cash to buy other more reasonable priced stock and I’ll hold till earnings as they are all small position
Correct, if you buy 100 shares over SQ, you can sell covered calls as the shares are your collateral. However if you bought that July $200 call, it would allow you to sell a call as well, that bought call covers you instead of shares. You could sell a call with a strike below $200.
Right. I was talking about other tech firms like OLO, TOST, SOFI, SQ, SHOP etc All of these seem to have close to no debt. All of the ones that you described are platform companies and I think platforms generally have a ton of costs from being a middleman and having to spend on s&m. So I guess we are agreed that platform tech is overleveraged and overhyped. Time for them to die. Also, sorry for sounding a little rude. Just reread my message and I defn did not mean to come across condescending!
Sell puts on stuff you believe in over a longer-term in case the short term doesn't work out so well. Early on in the dip I sold some cash-secured TQQQ puts and got assigned deep ITM. It's been a terrible month, but I believe I'll make it back over the coming months and reach the point where I can sell my CCs and hopefully roll out of the position. It delays the timeline, but it doesn't destroy me since I'm good w/ holding the shares. I hope you have similar faith and patience w/ SQ.
You sold $145 SQ puts when SQ was above $200 and you just rode them down slowly until SQ hit $115? What's wrong with that picture? Hint: No risk management. You now have several choices: 1) Become a buy and hope investor, hoping for a major recovery 2) Sell OTM covered calls for peanuts, slowly whittling down the loss 3) Do a Repair Strategy 3) Take the loss
Roll forward and down (if possible) for zero debit or small credit. SQ positions are not that bad. In premarket, it is trading at ~120, you need about 20% rise to be ATM. If stock goes uptrend, you might be able to exit in few months. If stock stays volatile or in downtrend, focus on bringing down your strike slowly with roll forwards to narrow the gap between stock price and strike price when assigned. In the mean time raise money to pay for stock when assigned. Your biggest risk is early assignment so monitor the intrinsic value and if gets 85-90% of premium, roll forward.
SQ, for example, is pretty deep ITM. You can either: 1. Close your position and take the loss 2. Take assignment and write CCs (though it sounds like you don't want to, or don't have the cash) 3. Roll down and out 30+ DTE, and hope that the new put will expire OTM. You may be paying a debit since it's so far ITM. This is synthetically the same as option #2, except you're using margin buying power instead of cash.
Start trying to roll now since they will be hard to fill. They may end up being several months out vs 2023 if you try to roll down as well. Know that they can be exercised early, but that is rare fortunately. How many of these did you sell? Start saving and allocating cash to cover your loss when it does. If you truly can't pay to be exercised, you need to start buying them back. SQ isn't the worst one to get stuck with; you picked low enough that you might get saved when it bounces back in a year. But yeah don't sell naked options.
There isn’t much you can do. You will have to eat the loss in some fashion or roll them out in time and hope SQ goes up. You can always roll to the next month, same expiration for a small credit. You can theoretically continue to do that for month after month…and hope the underlying goes up. You might be tied up for 6 months, or more. Good news is Square/block is a good company, bad news is it has a PE of 115 and the market it not forgiving of high multiple stocks these days.
So when this all cools down, what we think about SQ? They recently bought Afterpay, which had a good run in Australia (am there) but I don’t know how it went down in the US, the fair price of their stock I think is around 100$. But the rumours of tech stocks in for a heavier berating than the rest of the market is giving me second thoughts. Any holders or non holders have an opinion?
oh, yeah..The whole country burned(privat and govt buildings) and not a blip, the handful of idiots urged by fbi agents to go into the capital was wayyy worse. Gtfo. a window was broken. With that said, good on you for buying up these tasty dips. bought NVDA,PYPL,SQ today.
My opinion on ZIM is their P/S is so low because they've been growing top line "slowly" \~20% versus companies like SQ growing at 40-100% a year at a P/S of \~3.5. Honestly, most tech and logistics stocks are oversold at this point in my opinion you can't go wrong with a lot of them.
So when do the big-brained analysts who set the 1-year price targets start "revising" their PTs to conform to what actually happened, rather than what they said would happen? "*I know we set a one-year PT for SQ of $256, but since it is now trading at $111, we are revising our PT to $90 to reflect current market conditions*." Useless, the lot of them.
Definitely. I spent the last few weeks selling off riskier positions where I was green but didn’t have enough knowledge about them to trust that it would stay that way. That cash is now slowly going into index funds and big names on these low days. Still holding some heavy bags on SQ, Zillow, and BABA though. Tough to say if I should average down or jury ignore them for a year and see what happens.
I'm not panicking but have been waiting for a shit fire. I mean this is like reruns of "Beverly Hilbillies". OMG end of world crash to zero. Most things are close to precovid highs. Not the JUNK but stocks like $SQ $PYPL and many growth stocks. While that's bearish to many I see 🌈🐻 euphoria. Everyone knows 🌈🐻 euphoria lasts 1/10th of 🎺🐂 euphoria. If we drop below 350 $SPY who isn't going all in? Every hedge fund will Gamma rage that bear like the cuck it is!
Think this is about market indexes as a whole, but if we're speaking individual stocks, almost every popular ticker, even Netflix, SQ, Paypal, Baba, all the Arks, and of course almost all small-mid cap tech stocks. The best time to invest was absolutely not yesterday, nor any of the days in the last 1 year, if anything watching all these drips, each day we're waiting has become a better and better time to invest.
Yes of course I am heavy in tech (including fintech). Stocks like SQ, PLTR are down more than 50% off their ATH. If you are telling me that, they wont recover with time, I don't have anything to say. Fyi, I have >5 years time horizon which is why I am unapertured by the so called bloodbath.
dude. if interest rate goes to 7%, every single stock in the universe will crash 70% from today. not just SQ. Im talking every stock. discount rate goes up from 1 to 2% and it shouldnt result in 50%-60% crash in high growth. it is all investor sentiment and extreme fear. 2 yrs from now all this will be distant memory
In addition to V, as you probably know being a COIN holder, MA partnered with COIN on some blockchain deal (NFTs?). So both the major credit cards are getting into it. SQ is heavily into blockchain/BTC and has taken an absolute beating. They’re also working on building a cheap, consumer mining rig to sell to Joe Schmo.
That was my thought process as well. I'd like to buy more SQ, but I have a feeling that there's still some room for it to go down, if I miss the bottom that's fine, i've built quite a position. I'm thinking i'll pick up more if it hits the 90 $ price point.