See More CryptosHome

XMR

Monero

Show Trading View Graph

Mentions (24Hr)

24

-14.29% Today

Reddit Posts

What are Your Favorite 'Privacy' Projects?

The future of ZEC?

r/CryptoCurrencySee Post

Monero (XMR) Tries To Find Long-Term Support Near the $200 Level

Monero (XMR) has a Very Bullish Sentiment Score, is Rising, and Underperforming the Crypto Market Thursday: What's Next?

Monero (XMR) Price Prediction 2022-2024: Privacy Technology Use Cases Could Sustain a Bullish Momentum

Best fungible and privacy coins?

Caution: If you ever lose your investment due to being to lazy to withdraw it to your personal wallet, you deserve it. There is lots of things something could happen, I will try to explain one that is not talked about a lot: Liquidity crisis

All withdrawals randomly blocked on Kraken

What are you doing to earn tokens?

Test out if you can actually recover from seed!

I'm opening a restaurant, help me help adoption and accept crypto! Any advice on a POS system?

Why BCH Not XMR?

While the market bleeds, let’s learn some crypto terms that everyone should know.

The Truth about Bitcoin and the old Cypherpunk movement on peer-to-peer digital currency..

The Truth about Bitcoin and the old Cypherpunk movement on peer-to-peer digital currency

Utopia - how to experience freedom & more security?

Monero (XMR) Can someone ELI5 on this coin?

Remember, a public ledger is public forever. Don't think you're going to cheat on your taxes and get away with it just because they don't catch you this year. They have forever to catch you.

r/CryptoMarketsSee Post

Get your price predictions here!!

r/CryptoCurrencySee Post

Card Processing Fees - A Promising Crypto Use Case?

r/CryptoCurrencySee Post

Max supply and its relation to retail investment

r/CryptoCurrencySee Post

What projects are you invested in right now?

r/CryptoCurrencySee Post

Let's be honest about Monero for a second

r/CryptoCurrencySee Post

Can we just appreciate the beauty of Monero mining?

r/CryptoCurrencySee Post

The IRS has a $625,000 cash bounty on whoever can crack Monero(XMR). The fact that no one has been able to do it after 2 years just goes to show how valuable Monero is when it comes to privacy

r/CryptoCurrencySee Post

"I'm not in it for the money" Such BS. We are ALL here for the money!

r/CryptoCurrencySee Post

Are there any good ways to transfer value without a lot of fees?

r/CryptoCurrencySee Post

Latest video hints at the solution to the risks of DEFI regulation:

r/CryptoCurrencySee Post

What are your thoughts on this statement?: "The more you use crypto, the more you support crypto."

r/CryptoCurrencySee Post

Bitcoin was never designed to be anonymous

r/CryptoCurrencySee Post

Lost my ALGO and XMR when switching phones. Almost lost all my Moons too

r/CryptoCurrencySee Post

How can you track exchange funds?

r/CryptoCurrencySee Post

MoneroPot.com Last day winning pot at 3.6+ XMR!

r/CryptoCurrencySee Post

The XMR Privacy Layer 2022

r/CryptoCurrencySee Post

Don't be me. Hitting myself for my 2017 Altcoin adventure (I could have 3,5ETH but instead I have a lot of altcoins that tanked and didn't recover...)

r/CryptoCurrencySee Post

11 Real world uses for crypto

r/CryptoCurrencySee Post

Unable to trade crypto into stable coins on kraken.

r/CryptoCurrencySee Post

Spiderman torrent contains malicious XMR mining programs

r/CryptoCurrencySee Post

A Basic Description of How Monero Works

r/CryptoCurrencySee Post

Monero (XMR) Richlist

r/CryptoCurrencySee Post

Monero Moving up Rapidly: Is It a Good Time to Buy XMR?

r/CryptoCurrencySee Post

What is the opportunity cost of your non ETH alt coins?

r/CryptoMoonShotsSee Post

P2p Technology and world of Utopia

r/CryptoCurrencySee Post

Wow look at this beauty! :O is XMR just doing one of the greatest cup&handle in crypto? What do you XMR lovers think about it?

r/CryptoCurrencySee Post

Decentralisation is the ONLY point of crypto

r/CryptoCurrencySee Post

Mining Monero (XMR) with CPU. How the hell can you make this profitable?

r/CryptoCurrencySee Post

Spooderman × XMR

r/CryptoCurrencySee Post

My alt dark horse, or how I learned to stop worrying and shill the Zil

r/CryptoCurrencySee Post

Would Ethereum shifting to a PoS mechanism affect the pricing for the remaining PoW coins?

r/CryptoMarketsSee Post

How to Mine Monero (XMR)

r/CryptoCurrencySee Post

How to Mine Monero (XMR)

r/CryptoCurrencySee Post

Monero Price Predictions: What's Next for the XMR Crypto as Investors Look for Privacy?

r/CryptoMarketsSee Post

Polarity.Exchange has published a new medium blog post: "xUSD / XMR Trading Pair is live on Polarity"

r/CryptoCurrencySee Post

Satoshi, where is the peer-to-peer electronic cash system you promised us?

r/CryptoCurrencySee Post

A Coin Isn't "Dead" just because it's Old and the Price isn't Exploding

r/CryptoCurrencySee Post

Bitcoin was never designed to be anonymous

r/CryptoCurrencySee Post

The Hypocrisy in The Crypto Community

r/CryptoCurrencySee Post

Can I find "holding concentration" of different coins collected in one place anywhere?

r/CryptoCurrencySee Post

The evil that is Centralized Exchange

r/CryptoCurrencySee Post

Mining on old computers

r/CryptoMoonShotsSee Post

TrumpCoin A 3 Year Monshot - Fork of PIVX Like Top 30 Coin XMR (Monero)

r/CryptoMarketsSee Post

Where will Polygon (MATIC) go next? Also discussion about the crypto in general!

r/CryptoCurrencySee Post

Where will Polygon (MATIC) go next? Also discussion about the crypto in general!

r/CryptoCurrencySee Post

Why you shouldn't be bullish on Cryptocurrency

r/CryptoCurrencySee Post

Coins 'whose sole purpose is payments' will make it if we stop looking at their value in USD (which is also volatile). We have to see them as 1 BTC = 1BTC or 1 XMR = 1XMR.

r/CryptoCurrencySee Post

Coins 'whose sole purpose is payments' will "make it" if we stop looking at their value in USD (which is also volatile). We have to see them as 1 BTC =1BTC or 1 XMR = 1XMR.

r/CryptoMarketsSee Post

Help with my portfolio allocation

r/CryptoCurrencySee Post

help your guy to choose wisely

r/CryptoMoonShotsSee Post

Do you know the world of Utopia and its products?

r/CryptoCurrencySee Post

TRUMP Coin Has Huge Potential - Fork of PIVX Just Like XMR (Monero)

r/CryptoCurrencySee Post

Somebody explain thanks #XMR

r/CryptoCurrencySee Post

Why you should consider buying some Monero ($XMR)

r/CryptoCurrencySee Post

Giveaway: $500 in BTC/LTC/XMR to Cake Wallet users!

r/CryptoCurrencySee Post

Mining without OpenCL on Linux

r/CryptoMoonShotsSee Post

Utopia platform & review of Crypton Exchange

r/CryptoCurrencySee Post

Monero and the Meth Empire

r/CryptoCurrencySee Post

Top 3 privacy coins to buy on December 8th: XMR, ZEC and DCR

r/CryptoCurrencySee Post

What would happen if people started withdrawing their Monero from exhanges? We already assume that less reputable exchanges like Binance use fractional reserve system like banks for Monero.

r/CryptoCurrencySee Post

Ultimate Guide to Cryptocurrency Wallets - for newbies and veterans alike

r/CryptoCurrencySee Post

Code vulnerabilities found in Monero (XMR) multi-signature wallet : A fix is currently been reviewed

r/CryptoCurrencySee Post

The MAGIC Monero Fund has received its first Donation of 200 XMR from an Anonymous Donor!

r/CryptoCurrencySee Post

If you could flip the market cap of any two cryptocurrencies, what would you do?

r/CryptoCurrencySee Post

Porn coins will NOT be the next big thing

r/CryptoCurrencySee Post

It’s shocking to me how you all ignore Bitcoins origins... a brief history lesson, and the coin that’s replacing it.

r/CryptoCurrencySee Post

Monero community going the way of BTC maxis and attacking the devs of the most secure iOS wallet for XMR

r/CryptoCurrencySee Post

We should change the convention of units of cryptocurrency from "tokens" to "nanocaps"

r/CryptoCurrencySee Post

Proof of concept ETH-XMR atomic swaps are now available

r/CryptoCurrencySee Post

Which coin is underrated?

r/CryptoCurrencySee Post

Where are my XVG hodlers at? Dust off those 2017 bags, my friends.

r/CryptoCurrencySee Post

Which coins are you NOT investing in anytime soon but indeed consider for the next bear market?

r/CryptoCurrencySee Post

Need advice to find a good exchange and wallet combo to handle both Monero and Ergo.

r/CryptoCurrencySee Post

Not sure what to buy in this dip? Check out Coingecko’s ‘Price Drop Since All-Time High’.

r/CryptoCurrenciesSee Post

All that satire about "should've bought all BTC back in 2009, would've been a millionaire now" is not that funny - crypto has value because it's decentralised.

r/CryptoCurrencySee Post

Bitcoin for temporary crypto storage?

r/SatoshiStreetBetsSee Post

Monero Technical Analysis for February 18, 2021 - XMR

r/CryptoCurrenciesSee Post

Update - Monero Analysis 16 Feb - XMR

r/SatoshiStreetBetsSee Post

Update - Monero Analysis 16 Feb - XMR

r/CryptoCurrenciesSee Post

My portfolio

r/BitcoinSee Post

Bitcoin trading bot from Insider Protocol by the Mechanics of the Future

Mentions

Make it simply anonymous again by switching it to XMR

Mentions:#XMR

Yes of course, but if you want to speculate you could just buy XMR, no necessary need to mine it.

Mentions:#XMR

Saberhagen is Satoshi. 1 CPU 1 Vote XMR is the real BSV

Mentions:#CPU#XMR#BSV

Ergo mixer is trustless built with sigma protocols and with enough participation could produce early XMR privacy. They are working to implement into wallets and other app; additional they talked about liq providing to increase security and privacy of the mixer.

Mentions:#XMR

I know you interacted with address \[redacted\] before! You sent them \[redacted\] XMR!

Mentions:#XMR

Fellow XMR supporter I see? 🤝

Mentions:#XMR

> we can’t see anytging on chain https://moneroinfodump.neocities.org/#MuhInflationBug: > But the most practical way to validate the opaque accounting is by summing up block rewards i.e. coinbase outputs. Since freshly-minted coins have no transaction history, they don't require shielding, meaning **every single XMR coin that enters the ecosystem is briefly visible until it forever disappears into the shielded RingCT pool.** Because the fixed emission rate tells us exactly how many coins should be in circulation at any given moment, as long as the tally of coins transparently entering the ecosystem = the expected in-circulation number we can be very confident that the underlying math keeping everything in check is working properly.

Mentions:#XMR

Haaave you met XMR ![gif](giphy|zSv31u03qyzZgiC9A1)

Mentions:#XMR

*XMR shills* has entered the chat room

Mentions:#XMR

> there is nothing different about any single Bitcoin Lmfao. So then explain to me why bitcoins get black listed…. Oh maybe it’s because they aren’t actually fungible ;) You know what is? XMR.

Mentions:#XMR

Exactly. You don't need to use ETH. Use XLM, XNO, XMR and many other coins with minimal fees.

XMR fees are negligible and reduce dependent on block size, more tx's the less the fee is

Mentions:#XMR

Most people use monero ocean to mine whatever is the most profitable coin and get paid out in XMR. Then at the same time solo mine with their CPU just to support the network.

Mentions:#XMR#CPU

Some people don't like XMR because they think it will be regulated. Crypto will all be regulated, but XMR is resistant to it.

Mentions:#XMR

If you're doing crime you definitely just want the XMR l

Mentions:#XMR

I mean, you technically can use a GPU, but you'd be much better suited to GPU mine something else. It's super inefficient to GPU mine XMR. CPU is where it's at.

Mentions:#XMR#CPU

tldr; Monero (XMR) is a privacy-oriented cryptocurrency. It is similar to Bitcoin in many ways but diverges in key areas that make it special. It has a supply cap of 18.4 million XMR, and Bitcoin has 21 million BTC. Monero's inflation is quantified ahead of time, unlike Bitcoin's inflation. *This summary is auto generated by a bot and not meant to replace reading the original article. As always, DYOR.*

Mentions:#XMR#BTC

What do you think about XMR or AMP? They are pretty good too.

Mentions:#XMR#AMP

If only XMR had support for smart contracts, the SEC would probably increase their bounty if it happened

Mentions:#XMR

Who’s bullish on XMR?

Mentions:#XMR

> just have your crazy conspiracy theories the fake volumes have been well documented. willful ignorance. That's you. To prove how intellectuall dishonest you are, lets suppose I said this: WE SHOULD REMOVE ALL REGULATIONS FROM BANKS AND FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS. What would you say? Would you say no that's stupid? Would you presume that without regulation they would lie cheat and steal? YES YES and YES, you absolutely would say that. But crypto is almost totally unregulated, particularly on these exchanges. Yet you pretend as if the vast evidence of the lies, fraud and fake volumes, i jUsT a cOnSpIrAcY tHeOrY. The CFTC fined Coinbase last year in their report EXPLICITLY for "a dev" that set up fake wash trading of LTC. This is conspiracy FACT. I swear to god it's unbelievable how willfully ignorant some people are, straight up, to the establish facts. > it was never premined It was launched in the heyday of the narrow group of people who pwned the ASIC ecosystem for quite a few years, meaning that a very narrow group got the majority of the highest inflation. Again, you're willfully IGNORE-ant, because I said this already, and you decide to IGNORE that to focus on premine, something I didn't say. > and 8x the volume, No it doesn't. And if it's SOOO much more used and more volume, then why in the ONLY apple/apples comparison that I'm aware of, is Monero neck/neck with it on Coincards? > but man you sound like the ultimate bag holder. Yup. I roll my shitcoin profits into XMR. You wouldn't believe how much money I made on Hex. I bought in Nov 2020 and still holding, so you do the math. XMR isn't my only bag, so I'm fine either way. > about to implement optional privacy. which has proven to always be ineffective privacy. Ever. Fucking. Time. > I’ve done extensive research and it’s very clear that Monero isn’t worth the risk and that Litecoin has exciting things coming… That's because you dgaf about the principles for which crypto was created. Okay we both have insane gains. But you disgust me. You're the antithesis of the reason crypto was created. and you came here just to start shit, to be total wanker. Regardless of your bad price analysis, it's an incredible project with again, the 3rd most number of devs, the most distributed mining ecosystem in crypto, true innovations non existant in other coins, around 20k nodes (that we can see), consistently rising adoption metrics, and it's obviously rejected and hated by the corporate establishment. That you even bother to come shit on it, is fucking disgusting. gyfs.

Mentions:#LTC#FACT#XMR

The only coins I would hold for 10 years are BTC, ETH, & XMR

Mentions:#BTC#ETH#XMR

What about XMR ?

Mentions:#XMR

I wish there was a coin that was as instant and feeless as NANO with the privacy of XMR That would blow up big time in my opinion

Mentions:#XMR

Exactly. Imagine how much more opportunity and reach Monero still has left, while Litecoin is tapped out. And guess what, there's a really damn good reason people haven't heard of it, and it's by design. Yes XMR is really important, and maybe you haven't realized it, but Monero is populated with a significantly larger percentage of tech geeks, engineers, and mathematicians than just about any other project. It has the 3rd largest number of unique developers. You talk about circle jerking ... you're the one who felt it necessary to butt your head in here and make a stupid claim about LTC nonexistent privacy; a claim to some future dev that's deficient as fuck. And a coin that the scamming founder was literally found by the CFTC to have created bots on Coinbase to fake volume so that he could dump on plebs. If Bitpay offered Monero, I guarantee it would be high up there in usage. Bitpay is an ecosystem I left literally 2 years ago because it's captured by corporate dickheads, and it's obvious. You see, your coin, and basically all of them have the power of the controlled corporate world behind them, but Monero has to actually stand on its merits. That's just beyond your comprehension or ability to make distinctions of classification. Yet here it is, transaction counts consistently going up quarter over quarter, year over year. Social media mentions, membership numbers are again, consistently increasing. > Like today 8x the volume… omfg, and you believe those numbers? See this is what I mean. Bottom of the barrel pleb. You believe whatever CZ tells you to believe. The volume numbers in crypto are largely fake, and we've known this for years. I shouldn't be too hard on you, maybe you're new to this and you just haven't spent that much time researching what you've put your life savings into. Or maybe you've been here for years and have no excuse. Which is it?

Mentions:#XMR#LTC

I don't hold XMR but for some reason it's my favorite coin

Mentions:#XMR

BTC, ETH, XMR. Also long term bullish on HNS, MOB, SC, DCR, but will sell if one of them spikes by enough.

90% into BTC and ETH. Not only EOY, more like end-of-cycle in \~3 years. The rest is more like my "gamble of the month" I put into smaller things - varies from month to month, like ADA, XMR, ALGO... Whatever I was shilled the last weeks probably.

My XMR bags: *heavy breathing

Mentions:#XMR

Your wasting your time, half of the people on this sub haven't got a clue what a whitepaper is let alone how to actually read one correctly. I has some guy on here last week telling me how he makes "$600 a day" and when I asked his top 3 portfolio performer's he said ADA, XMR and ICP...

Mentions:#ADA#XMR#ICP

ohhhh okay. No one is adopting. Or you could be intellectually honest [actually, let's be real, no you can't] and you'll see that XMR and LTC compete for the #3 spot. So you're just wrong. https://twitter.com/CoinCards/status/1466443515605315594?cxt=HHwWlMCj7fOm7dkoAAAA And imagine, XMR is at this spot despite all the simps like yourself claiming how it's just a terrorist pedo coin only used by drug dealers. All this with XMR being actively ignored and suppressed. Not only is it adoptable, but it has already become *essential* for alot of people. LTC isn't essential for literally anybody, as it could be replaced by any number of others. As I said, LTC is going to continually decline vs BTC over long timeframes. And lets take a moment to reflect on your disgusting mentality. You no kidding *desire* that a real cypherpunk coin like Monero die. Despite it providing the best privacy, and most fair launch, and most fair mining ecosystem of literally every coin in crypto. Literally disgusting. Shameful.

Mentions:#XMR#LTC#BTC

Then 20 must be XMR

Mentions:#XMR

> This is exhausting. LTC for free? It's called having the ASIC market cornered during the primary supply emission. The significant majority of miners were a narrow group of people friends with Jihan and Bitmain. It really is that simple. Yes, the got loads of coin, centrally distributed, just like every other coin out there. Except Monero. > Most Litecoin users don’t even care about Monero. They are going to get privacy in Litecoin and go “awesome!“ No, they're not. Anyone who cares about privacy is not in Litecoin. It has been repeatedly proven that not only is optional privacy rarely used, the small percentage that choose to use at are largely pwned by the people who don't. And no these aren't cOnSpIrAcIes. LTC is in a very crowded market for cheap/fast transactions, mostly for switching between exchanges or into other coins. FFS you're piggybacking on Doge hashpower. Superlolz > use Monero because they would get instantly audited and thrown in prison for tax evasion. statements like this communicate just how uneducated and ignorant you are. Does using CASH get your thrown in prison? No, and you're a bottom feeding pleb for even suggesting it. There's basically no difference in the anonymity of cash and Monero. > A lot of this comes down to how well Litecoin privacy works. You mean, questionably works, might not work at all, and even if it does, has a tiny anonymity set, and leaks a shitload of metadata. > how much more private can Monero get to have more people buy into it? Plenty of other improvements Monero has made over the years. But I don't expect you to know them in your ignorance. > Litecoin fucks it in its market share… Not gonna happen. Ignorance like yours is what people like Armstrong and Charlie Lee feed off of. You're shitcoin is not only going to lose lots of marketshare to Monero, but it's losing to Bitcoin. And will continue losing to Bitcoin. You have absolutely no unique value proposition. Your market is saturated by a dozen other coins that do the same thing. You have no network effects. You're not like Ethereum which has large network effects over defi. I realize defi is mostly bs, but it is active and traded. Monero has MULTIPLE unique value propositions. I bet you were one of the $100k BTC-ers last year werent you? How much more being wrong do you need until you re-evaluate? Probably never. I bet never. But anyways, by summer/fall, some significant changes are likely to have happened. But anyways, obv feel free to invest in one of the stupidest projects to get gains in. New shitcoins beat old shitcoins all day long. And I hodl XMR because it's ACTUALLY adherant to the principles of freedom money.

Love the moons and XMR logo out of the bunch But they all look nice in there own way

Mentions:#XMR

XMR of course. I want nobody to know how much I spend on hookers

Mentions:#XMR

Moon holders have XMR or what?

Mentions:#XMR

Here are some stats from the past 24 hours of r/CryptoCurrency for you: The **Coin of the day** is: BTC with **1439** mentions, **4317** total ups and **6** awards. Runners-up: |Coin|Mentions|Ups|Awards| |:-|-:|-:|-:| |ETH|656|1633|7| |ONE|305|1182|3| |DOGE|213|654|3| |ADA|207|446|0| |XMR|204|1252|2| **Trending today**: [Dogecoin (DOGE)](https://fomographs.com/coin-details.html?coin=dogecoin) **Flavour of the week**: [Dogecoin (DOGE)](https://fomographs.com/coin-details.html?coin=dogecoin) The coin that **climbed** more positions since yesterday is: Secret (SCRT) with **39** mentions. The coin that **lost** more positions since yesterday is: Freedom coin (FREE) with **2** mentions. **Source**: [fomographs.com](https://fomographs.com)

I'm not sure if you're self aware of it, but spoken like a true bagholder. Like okay, hypothetically if what you said *actually* happened, I would agree that you might have a case. But the LTC implementation of MW isn't anywhere near the same league as XMR in that regard. There are many critical factors why: Optional privacy fails, because it's only fractionally used. zcash and coinjoin have proven that beyond doubt. If I'm not mistaken, you'll still also have a fully deterministic transaction graph. But worse, there is research which suggests MW to be completely faulty and attackable. By contrast, Monero protections are default, always on, from the newst newb to the most advanced security expert. *Everyone* enjoys IP obfuscation, a non-deterministic transaction graph, hidden amounts, and one-time stealth addresses for all transactions. You anonymity set continually grows with both time and usage, or even if you do nothing. It has been battle tested, battle hardened, in the wild, and almost all researchers who have looked at the *current* protocol (not the pre 2017 developmental stages); agree that it offers the strongest privacy guarantees; and has the largest anonymity set of all other cryptocurrency protocols *combined*. It's kind of like BTC coinjoin. The two main implementations can't stop arguing about how the other's protocol has critical weaknesses and failings, that degrade or even destroy the privacy gains, particularly against large resource attackers. I'm just not interested in playing with these other protocols that are still contentious about whether or not they even work as advertised. Monero has none of those problems. Moreover, it has a fair distribution that didn't preference centralized ASIC miners. It has more distributed hashpower than even Bitcoin. I like that the exchanges and market makers didn't get it for free like basically everything else. I like that it never had a major dev get hired on an exchange, use bots to fake volume, encouraging plebs to buy, only to dump their large bags on everyone at the top. But you know, I need strong privacy yesterday. Today. Not some untested, already deficient from the start, protocol that will allegedly be released eventually that was promised 6 months ago. Anyone who needs privacy will be using Monero, if nothing else, with atomic swaps, and chain hopping as necessary to BTC or ETH. The market for being Bitcoin's little brother has grown thin, and I wouldn't be surprised to see the bottom fall out on the LTCBTC chart in the next year.

XMR being the primary transacting money of the world would invariably lead a world wide economic collapse. Tax revenue would dwindle and government policy would become more authoritarian, and it would happen world wide. My 2¢

Mentions:#XMR

I said there’s evidence of adoption. Clearly you don’t know what XMR is if you think anyone can pull geodata from its transaction volume. Now answer my question. Can you provide evidence that your not slow?

Mentions:#XMR

I voted XMR. Best coin

Mentions:#XMR

You said there was evidence that XMR is being used in authoritarian regimes. I'm asking for the evidence.

Mentions:#XMR

BAT - Advertising XRP - Payments XMR - Privacy

Mentions:#BAT#XRP#XMR

Do you know what XMR is? Are you slow?

Mentions:#XMR

Can you share the evidence that XMR is being used for day to day purchases in authoritarian countries?

Mentions:#XMR

XMR! **So I can pay my whole life things my wife doesn’t need to know…**

Mentions:#XMR

I mean, it's being traded. Do you have any evidence that it's being used for retail? People need to buy groceries living under an authoritarian regime. Not trade XMR for USDT on Binance. How many merchants in authoritarian countries are accepting XMR?

Mentions:#XMR#USDT

This is it. BTC, ETH, XMR and LTC should be in everyones basic portfolio. They all have their use cases in the space, are widely accepted realitive to their use case (sorry XMR :( ) and are secure. Prime example of an undervalued coin is LTC, it secures the network for doge yet doge has a higher market cap and less acceptance. There is good reason why you are seeing LTC and XMR green while most of the market is red.

It could be because of the algorithm since this one moon week proposal passed For example XMR can be posted about 3(?) times I believe so if yours was the 4th post it gets removed right away I’m not a fan of it personally

Mentions:#XMR

Can someone tell me why a post discussing privacy projects like XMR would be removed?

Mentions:#XMR

Post is by: corvettecris and the url/text [ ](https://goo.gl/GP6ppk)is: /r/CryptoCurrency/comments/s4m6i8/what_are_your_favorite_privacy_projects/ I have not taken a deep dive in privacy projects, but recently I stumbled upon the Haven XHV subreddit by accident and read a compelling opinion about privacy becoming a scarce and valuable commodity in the future. This did get me thinking about how crypto might be leveraged to protect privacy, especially in ways OTHER than just masking financial transactions (which AFAIK Monero does just fine). Since 2017 I have been loosely familiar with VTC, NAV, PIVX, and XMR, but it seems that all except Monero have really lost steam over the years when looking at the BTC/xxx pairing. I only found out about Haven this week, but it also appears to be at great risk of prematurely dying. I was curious to hear from the group about any other privacy projects that you are tracking or find of great interest, and why? *I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please [contact the moderators of this subreddit](/message/compose/?to=/r/CryptoCurrency) if you have any questions or concerns.*

Monero (XMR) It's already on of the only "used" "crypto" "currencies". Most coins are speculative "investments".

Mentions:#XMR

I think payment coins will become used in the future. Not sure which one but any of: XMR, XRP, XNO, XLM, LTC etc They have fees far lower than credit/debit cards, while not requiring a central entity. Huge utility imo

BTC/ETH, DOT, and something that focuses on privacy, probably XMR. Also keep on hodling the mined RVN and staked XTZ.

Even more stuff built on top of XMR! TIL.

Mentions:#XMR

Here are some stats from the past 24 hours of r/CryptoCurrency for you: The **Coin of the day** is: BTC with **1439** mentions, **4317** total ups and **6** awards. Runners-up: |Coin|Mentions|Ups|Awards| |:-|-:|-:|-:| |ETH|656|1633|7| |ONE|305|1182|3| |DOGE|213|654|3| |ADA|207|446|0| |XMR|204|1252|2| **Trending today**: [Dogecoin (DOGE)](https://fomographs.com/coin-details.html?coin=dogecoin) **Flavour of the week**: [Dogecoin (DOGE)](https://fomographs.com/coin-details.html?coin=dogecoin) The coin that **climbed** more positions since yesterday is: Secret (SCRT) with **39** mentions. The coin that **lost** more positions since yesterday is: Freedom coin (FREE) with **2** mentions. **Source**: [fomographs.com](https://fomographs.com)

Let me copy and paste somebody else’s answer: Even the code being open source is kind of a lazy argument to an extent, probably 10% or fewer have a good enough understanding to check it for faults themselves and so rely on others attestements. (Not to say I know any coding languages by the way) But if history is any indication then the ring signature which is the primary tool to keep txs private has done pretty well and only on rare occasions has been shown to be flawed with a small % of txs being able to be de-privatized by only the nodes which processed the tx able to do so and work backwards through the ring signature to decode which is the real address and these bugs have been quickly found and acted upon/fixed. None of that is to say it's impossible that XMR is run by the feds with a backdoor of some kind to give them all the information they need, but I highly doubt it. And that's where the satire comes in and you get into us not being able to unequivocally verify anything at all, not even our own existence.

Mentions:#XMR

If anyone is looking for XMR stickers, DM me! i'll mail them, Cheers.

Mentions:#XMR

If you’re confident XMR is going to be the same price or less than it is now, that works. If you think it’s eventually going to go up, it’s a terrible idea

Mentions:#XMR

XMR - It's the only coin actually used as money in current year CRO - If Crypto.com becomes the defacto place for Americans to buy crypto, and a lot of Americans start buying crypto, could go up. Crypto.com actually sucks as an exchange but your grandma won't notice. Wownero - Meme fork of XMR with a tiny market cap, that is actually arguably better than XMR as far as the underlying tech. Gotta have one shitcoin right? Maybe BTC, maybe Nano. We'll see.

Mentions:#XMR#CRO#BTC

Why would I hold Monero if I can just hold USDT (or even cash — localmonero) and convert it to XMR as soon as I need to? From a utility perspective, this would seem to make sense because my funds would not fluctuate. If you’re a speculator, of course this isn’t as applicable, but a significant portion of the current Monero user-base are not investors.

Mentions:#USDT#XMR

Trust you based on what? You haven't given a single argument. Listen I'm not saying being a store of value coin is a bad thing. And I'm not saying that all digital currencies are doomed to fail. I'm just saying if it has a limit then eventually it'll cease to function as a usable currency. Maybe not today, but eventually in years to come. The coins that have an infinite supply have a good chance of succeeding on mainstream adoption (depending on the project) but they won't make huge gains for speculative investors. We've already seen this play out with bitcoin. In fact, this sub thinks anyone who uses bitcoin as an actual currency is an idiot. It'll play out the same for XLM and XRP, but many years from now. XMR and DOGE have infinite supply, so they don't have that problem.

The more relevant question is what did he buy with the proceeds. I sold over 99% of my BTC for XMR in 2014 and 2015, with the balance in 2017 over the Bitcoin on chain scaling issue. As a result I am ahead *in terms of Bitcoin* Just take a look at the chart going back to 2014 https://www.poloniex.com/exchange/BTC_XMR My take is that *both* sides of the Bitcoin blocksize / scaling debate were wrong. The fundamental issue is the maximum 21 million BTC / BCH limit and the need to have to replace falling block rewards with transactions fees. Monero sidesteps this entire issue with it tail or minimum emission of 0.6 XMR. This is turn permits the use of an adaptive blocksize, that allow for level 1 scaling. By the way according to Nielsen's Law of Internet Bandwidth https://www.nngroup.com/articles/law-of-bandwidth/ a 1 MB block when the genesis Bitcoin block was mined is equivalent to ~200 MB today. Technology has not remained still while different groups argue.

>When we talk about p2p coins I think BTC, XMR and XNO are most known and used p2p coins One of those is not like the other. 2017 bag holders are still coping about buying the "no fee" cryptocurrency, because they still don't understand what role fees play in a cryptocurrency.

Mentions:#BTC#XMR#XNO

XMR does transactional privacy better than anyone else! Secret adds private smart contracts to the mix. Let's you have private NFTs (content is owner exclusive), and private defi. Every day, tons of ppl lose $ to frontrunning on DEXs and Secret solves this. Tons of other use cases. Totally bullish xmr fwiw

Mentions:#XMR

I understand Monero has additional privacy features but I don’t know how they all work exactly. Never went down the XMR rabbit hole personally, but maybe someone in their community could explain for you.

Mentions:#XMR

Now, genuine question how is this different to XMR?

Mentions:#XMR

Now, how about this. Let’s say purchase on the on-ramp CEX was for XMR & it was then sent to a Monero wallet. And then from there you connected your wallet to said DEX & made your transactions. Since XMR has a privacy feature, that would be untraceable correct?

Mentions:#CEX#XMR#DEX

Even the code being open source is kind of a lazy argument to an extent, probably 10% or fewer have a good enough understanding to check it for faults themselves and so rely on others attestements. (Not to say I know any coding languages by the way) But if history is any indication then the ring signature which is the primary tool to keep txs private has done pretty well and only on rare occasions has been shown to be flawed with a small % of txs being able to be de-privatized by only the nodes which processed the tx able to do so and work backwards through the ring signature to decode which is the real address and these bugs have been quickly found and acted upon/fixed. None of that is to say it's impossible that XMR is run by the feds with a backdoor of some kind to give them all the information they need, but I highly doubt it. And that's where the satire comes in and you get into us not being able to unequivocally verify anything at all, not even our own existence. Which pseudonym are you referring too? I've seen chat logs of the XMR Devs in the typical "emergency" channels like you see with most projects and particularly when they are discussing the ideal way to patch bugs for example and all tend to use pseudonyms, in honesty though I've focused more on the tech than the devs for better or worse and still don't have a complete understanding of even that.

Mentions:#XMR

>Yeah real specific. I'm not obligated to share my purchase history with you. Why does it matter? >Again, I'm not saying Bitcoin is faster, or cheaper, or better at privacy. I'm just saying you can actually use it vice any number of other cryptos people like to imagine are better. No judgement passed on using BTC, but I think it's silly to say that it's objectively the best when it doesn't handle speed, cost or privacy particularly well. I use XMR out of principle and if the business doesn't accept XMR, I can atomic swap or use services similar to [xmr.to](https://xmr.to) (RIP). If/when something better than XMR comes to prominence, I will use that. To be clear, I'm not an XMR maximalist and honestly don't think it's a particularly great investment. I just think it's a great payment tool.

Mentions:#BTC#XMR#RIP

XMR is in incognito mode![gif](emote|snoomoji_pack|joy)

Mentions:#XMR

XMR doesn’t like attention.

Mentions:#XMR

Why is no one talking about the XMR rise?

Mentions:#XMR

> Nano is interesting, and alongside BCH, LTC, and XMR, are the only coins I ever list when someone asks what cryptos best fit the p2p cash usecase. Just wanna let you know we have similar goals and I don't mean to project any hate if it appears that I am. That's fair, aside from LTC that's pretty much my list as well and I think the BCH community especially has a lot of overlap in terms of goals with Nano. I agree with you that BCH solves some of the issues BTC has, but not all. It does not solve what I see as two huge problems, which is centralization over time of hashrate, and high energy usage. Simply put, in those terms, there is genuinely nothing different between BCH and BTC, except for that in BCH the energy usage can be spread out over a larger number of transactions, right? > I think the main drawback to XNO from an adoption standpoint (I think PoW is better from an economics/game theory standpoint, but I'm excluding that perspective for this statement) is that the only way to acquire XNO is to exchange fiat for it or to participate in a thriving XNO economy that already exists. Can I ask how you think PoW is better from an economics/game theory standpoint? Because my take on it is the exact opposite, so would love to hear. Sure, only way to get Nano is to buy it, or get paid in it, exchange services etc for it. I think this concern is a bit overblown though. While you can technically mine BCH, it's completely unrealistic for the average user. To do so, you'd need to first buy an ASIC. Now, that is already far more effort than buying some Nano from an exchange, or from someone else. To be honest, it might be easier to mine ETH on 2miners and get paid out in Nano, lol. More people have a GPU than a competitive ASIC, I'd think.

>If you don't think Bitcoin is the best crypto to use for purchases, you're probably speaking out your ass and don't actually make crypto purchases. XMR would like to have a word with you... BTC is fine for what it is, but I think it's a bit much to say it's the best for purchases.

Mentions:#XMR#BTC